Monday, September 12, 2011

La Cana, 2010, Spain


White or Red: White
Grape(s): Albarino
Origin: Rias Baixas, East side of Spain close to Portugal
Vintage: 2010
Price: Approaching $15

Didn't think we'd come right back at ya?  Well, we did.

Overall:
Albarino, the grape La Cana is made from, I'm not familiar with it but like David Bowie, I'd like to develop a closer relationship.  I ran the name of the grape through Wikipedia and I got some more info but ultimately it would be meaningless to you.  All you need to know is La Cana is excelente and by the second glass I was rolling my r's well enough to make my hot 11th grade spanish teacher blush.

It would be against Semi-Pro rules to give you the exact tasting notes from the back of the bottle but occasionally, for the right reasons, rules can be broken.  I make an exception here because I would have said almost the same thing but in a much more complicated way (it's that simple to review). And that is also against Semi-Pro rules- so the lesser of the two infractions is only for your benefit.

"Offering lush aromas of white peaches and ripe pears followed by pineapple and bright citrus the wine finishes on a crisp dry note."

It's super light in color and structure but stands up really well.  Money in the bank for serving as an opener.  You should serve it cold and keep it chilled.  Hasta manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say about this wine? By all means, speak up! BUT if you have suggestions for wines we should review send them to rich.mueller@gmail.com or pmaki@alumni.fandm.edu - do NOT post them here!